|Buzet, France 2007|
Trimmings & Pomace:
- With an early start to this years North Coast grape harvest, as reported by the North Bay Business Journal, overall tonnage is expected to be above average following record harvests of the previous two years, with good to excellent quality.
- Harper's reports, following a low 2013 harvest which followed consecutive unexceptional vintages, which has translated into a downturn in global sales(US/UK/China), Bordeaux's(world's most regulated and orchestrated wine region) Conseil Interprofessionel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB) has announced its first ever global marketing campaign to help counter fall in wine sales and volume.
- Reported recently by Nation's Restaurant News, the nation is seeing the best sales trend in two years, traffic remains constant, however spending by customers is on the rise. On-premise wine and alcohol sales remain a consistent growth segment for this developing market.
- Federal regulators with the Tax & Trade Bureau(TTB) have approved eleven(11) new (sub)viticultural areas within the existing Paso Robles AVA, dividing up more than 614,000 acres. Created in 1983, the Paso Robles winegrape area had grown from less than 5000 acres to more than 32,00 acres and more than 200 wineries in the last grape-lovin generation. Marketing jobs to follow...
- Industry rag, The Drinks Business, reported on the "Top 10 Wines in the U.S. Press", offering single selections from France(Beaujolais), Spain, Argentina & Italy. The list was filled out with two(2) selections each from California, Washington State.....and Virginia!!